Background and Achievements
Cecilia Mwangi (Miss World Kenya 2005) who is The Anti-Jigger ambassador has played big role in helping children infested with jiggers.
In October 2010 during Miss World Competition held in Sanya – China. “Beauty with Purpose Crown” was won by Natasha Metto (Miss World Kenya 2010)
This was due to her collaboration with Cecilia Mwangi in eradication of jiggers.
This prompted the visit to Kenya by Miss World 2010 Alexandria Mills, the president of Miss World Julia Morley and other dignitaries to present the award. During this Historic visit of a reigning Miss World they visited those affected by jiggers in Mathira in Nyeri County
In 2012 Ashleys partnered with EABL through their Snapp Brand to select Kenya’s representative to Miss World 2012. Having been well equipped for stardom, Miss World Kenya 2012 Shamim Ali defied all odds to make it to the top-15 semi finalists out of 115 across the world during Miss World Competition held at the Dongsheng Stadium in Ordos China.
Among the 15 finalists only two African countries were represented, Kenya and South Sudan. Shamim managed to bag the Miss Africa position of first runners up and South Sudan’s clinched the ‘Continental Beauty Queen’ title. (Miss Africa).
Miss World Kenya 2012 also raised $16,000 (Sh1, 345,000) during a charity dinner and was among top 5 in the category ‘Beauty with a Purpose’.
Kenya was last crowned ‘Continental Beauty Queen’ in 2000, with the title belonging to Yolanda Masinde. Before that, the country boasted the title thrice before; (in 1990) Aisha Lieberg, (in 1988) Diana Neilor and (in 1984) Khadija Adam Ismail, earning us a joint 12th place overall continental clinch with West African neighbours Nigeria.
Mr. and Miss World Kenya achievements
- Khadija Adam – Finished top 15 1984.
- Dianna Naylor – Won Queen of Africa 1988.
- Aisha Wawira – Won Queen of Africa 1990.
- Cecilia Mwangi – Top 20 Miss World Beach Beauty 2005.
- Khadija Kiptoo – 3rd R/u Best Dress Designer 2006.
- Ruth Kinuthia – Top 4 Beauty With A Purpose 2008.
- Natasha Metto – Won Beauty With A Purpose , top 25 semi finalist 2010.
- Susan Anyango – Top 20 Miss World Beach Beauty / top 30 Beauty With A Purpose 2011.
- Shamim Fauz – Top 15 finalist, 4th runner up Beauty With A Purpose, top 40 Miss World Beach Beauty, top 46 Miss World Top Model 2012.
- Idah Nguma – Top 11 finalist, winner Beauty With A Purpose, top 5 Miss World Beauty, top 25 Peoples Choice award 2014.
- Charity Mwangi – Top 24 Miss World Sports 2015.
- Evelyn Njambi – Top 5 finalist, Queen of Africa, top 5 Beauty With A Purpose, Miss World Top Model 2016.
- Magline Jeruto – Top 5 finalist, Queen of Africa, top 24 Miss World Sports, top 30 Miss World Top Model 2017.
- Finali Galaiya – Top 12 Beauty With A Purpose, 2nd runner up Miss World Multi Media 2018.
- Maria Wavinya – Top 6 Miss World Top Model, top 32 Miss World Sport 2019.
- Kevin Owiti – Top 10 finalist Mr. World Africa.
- Robert ‘Cula’ Budi – Top 25 and 1st runners up for Mr. World Africa.